San Miguel de Allende


San Miguel.
I want to talk with you about my vacations, first of all I want to say hello! Happy New year and I hope that all what you do in your life will be for good and to progress as a soul.
Ok, so let´s talk about something really weird first, I always wanted to meet San Miguel de Allende, when people talked about that place, I felt something in my chest, and as you already know, I am Mexican, and I love my country, culture, everything about being Mexican, and San Miguel is a place where you can find a lot of things that represents the Mexican culture; the food, the people, the place itself (is wonderful), and it has a lot of history, cause a lot of the revolution happened there.
So as a Mexican and proud of that, I wanted to meet it, I draw a lot of San Miguel, like the church, and I had a Pinterest board dedicated to San Miguel.
So when my parents told me that I was going, I was suuuuper exited, the only thing that I didn’t like, was the thing that we stayed only for 3 days and 2 nights, but I am thankful for everything that I experienced in that place.
So let me tell you a little bit of what I did and my recommendations, what to do if your going to stay only 3 days like me, and things that happened to me.
First let me show you a picture of a drawing I did before meeting San Miguel, and then a photo of me being in the same place in San Miguel.

I thought it was amazing, because I had the opportunity to meet one city that I really wanted to meet, and I was able to be in the same place that inspired me to create art.
It just makes me feel that this life is magical, and every time the universe is giving us presents and sometimes we don’t know, but if you pay attention you´ll know that right now, the universe is giving you something wonderful just for you.

Now I’m going to share my experience, first, I want to let you know about some recommendations if you want to stay in a hotel, I stayed in “El mirador del frayle”, it was beautiful, with beautiful gardens, and I really liked it, the beds are really comfortable, it has breakfast and a pool, and if you love your pet as much as I do, you’ll be able to bring him/her without fear.
The recommendations that I can give you for the first day, are:
Put your things in your hotel and go to the center of the city, (You can do it walking, is better, cheaper and your eyes and memory will thank you for that).
All the houses are beautiful, and they are from a certain era, as you can see there, that´s why it is so magical, if you like you can take a tour with the “bus” (is a special bus for tourists) it´ll tell you stories about the city and is only $50, I took it in the night, and the views were amazing.
It is in the same street as the “San Francisco” church, or you can just ask for the bus and they´ll tell you where it is.
Well, so first take a look and just enjoy it, then as I already told you, you can have a tour with the bus, or just wait till night like I did, and first take a look to some of the museums, like the “Banamex” and the “Casa del juguete”, I assure you that you won’t regret it, is beautiful, full of history, Mexican culture and magic.
After that you can have lunch in the center of San Miguel, there are so many options, they´re all delicious. And after that you can have your bus trip or go explore more museums and artist houses.
After that you can visit some of the churches that are there, and takes photos there.

After that you can go have some hot chocolate in San Agustín, I recommend it, it is a really nice hot cocoa and churros.
Then you should go to sleep while seeing all the beautiful houses in the night, and if your lucky you´ll see some of the mojigangas, such beautiful and interesting form of art.
The second day you can have breakfast out or at your hotel (I had it at my hotel), and then just have a walk in the “callejon del artesano” is like a street full of hand made stuff super beautiful, you can buy things, so pretty and you´ll be sure that your money is going to people that made those things, and not someone else.
Then you can eat at some rooftop and watch the city.
I think you have many options to do in San Miguel, but those are the top that I liked.
Hope you enjoyed it.
Luna.







Comentarios

Entradas populares